When I was approached a few weeks ago and asked if I would like to review some Funky Giraffe Bibs, I really would have liked to have said no. Aaron, my youngest is 20 months old. Surely I should be getting to the stage where bibs are becoming less and less of a requirement?
However, that is not the case! Additionally, many of the bibs I do have are just too small for him now. We do use the coverall type for ‘saucy meals’, but on the whole it is more convenient to just snap a bib on. In fact, during periods of teething, which is often accompanied by drooling, it is often easier just to leave a bib on all day. To protect his clothes, stop his chest becoming damp, and to dry his face, so it does not become irritated.
A quick investigation of the Funky Giraffe website, informed me that these bibs were designed to last from birth to toddler, with two fasteners, so they can be adjusted as baby grows. They have a fleecy lining to stop moisture transferring through onto the babies clothes and chest. And as the company claims to be ethical and eco friendly, I thought I would take them up on their offer! I was sent 10 Funky Giraffe Bandana Bibs to test out, with Aaron’s assistance of course!
Here is what we thought of the Funky Giraffe Bandana Bib:
- The size was perfect. There was plenty of growing room left, and Aaron is not a small toddler!
- The fleecy backed lining definitely did a better job of stopping liquids than the single fabric bibs I own. However, when worn for long periods of time, they were a bit too warm, and caused Aaron a slight heat rash around his neck.
- There is a great selection of designs online, as well as other baby accessories such as rompers and burp clothes. Extra large bibs are available for those who may need them. (Exact sizing is available on the website.)
- Many of the bandana bibs cost £4 each, which is more than I would be prepared to spend on one bib. However, when purchasing several, such as the pack I received, the cost comes down. So the pack I was sent had a value of £20, which is £2 per bib. This is a much better price point for this product.
- Delivery is free to all UK postcodes if you spend over £7 – always a bonus!
- They wash really well, so hopefully the colours will remain vibrant for some time to come!
- Would I buy them? Yes, I would. In fact there is a rather fancy satin one I’m considering for a wedding we have to attend later this year. Though, I really should get Aaron’s outfit first to make sure it will be suitable!
Have you tried Funky Giraffe? You can find their UK website by clicking here.
Or if you are visiting from down under, you can find their brand new website for Australian customers here.