When I was rummaging through my fridge wondering what to make for dinner, I hadn’t intended to produce anything worth sharing on here. However, Mr C said this baked haddock with paprika new potatoes was delicious, and since it is slimming world friendly, I thought some of my readers might like it.
It also has the added bonus of being so simple to make, I even think Mr C himself could do it! Here’s the how to:
Recipe for Baked Haddock with Paprika New Potatoes
- garlic clove
- italian herbs
Paprika New Potatoes:
- tin of new potatoes
- frylight spray
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the haddock on a large sheet of tin foil and add a crushed garlic clove and a pinch of Italian seasoning.
- Wrap the tin foil around the fish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the potatoes, onion and courgette, by roughly chopping them.
- Ten minutes before the fish is ready, add the chopped vegetables to a frying pan, sprayed with frylight.
- Add a tsp of paprika to the potato mix.
- Gently heat the potato mix until the fish is ready.
- Add a handful of spinach, to the potato mix, for the last minute of cooking.
- Serve the fish on top of the fried vegetables.
And there you have it! Dinner in less than 30 minutes.
I have never really used tinned potatoes before but I am going to be keeping some in the cupboard from now on! This was a great solution for those days I’m a little short on time.